Tips from your removalist: How to pack photos and artworkNovember 18, 2014
If you’re looking for a reliable removalist in Drysdale, Bellarine Peninsula Removals & Self Storage service throughout this region relocating people to and from the country and coastal towns.
With our extensive experience in the industry, we know how to move your fragile goods to ensure they don’t get damaged in transit. Things like picture frames, artwork and canvases need a little extra attention to ensure they arrive safely and in one piece. While we can pack your goods for you, move them and unpack them, if you want to pack your own things and have us move them for you, then there are a few tips you can follow to ensure your photos and artwork are protected for the trip to or from your home in Drysdale.
- Sort your photo frames and artworks as per how they are framed, then by size. You should pack all picture frames with glass together and all canvas frames together. If there are some large and some small to medium, group these together too.
- You will need appropriately sized boxes for your frames and canvases. Don’t use boxes that are too big for the size of your frames or there will be too much movement during the move.
- You will need plenty of padding and protection – bubble wrap, newspaper and even large and soft beach towels are useful (and saves you packing them elsewhere!).
- Ensure the edges of each box are padded and then also that there is sufficient padding in between each frame.
- Seal the boxes properly. Frames can be heavy when you put a bunch of them together, the last thing you want is the bottom to fall out of the box and your frames to fall out.